Donation Request Policy
The Sydney Roosters are grateful to be considered as an organisation believed fit to support a vast number of worthy charities from across Australia. As an elite sporting organisation it is our responsibility and commitment to play an active role within the community.The Sydney Roosters proudly support not for profit and charitable organisations. We place a huge emphasis on providing support to the community and we assist a variety of not for profit and charitable organisations through awareness and fundraising activities, with donations of signed memorabilia, complimentary tickets, player appearances and other club assets.
The Sydney Roosters is inundated with donation requests and requests of assistance from many worthy charities and unfortunately we are unable to help everyone due to this high level of demand. In order to operate in a fair and consistent manner, the Club has in place a charity policy;
All donations will be considered and priority will be placed on the following criteria:
• Preference will be given to the Roosters Charity Nest, Roosters associated charities including Mission Australia, Ted Noffs Foundation, Men Of League and the McGrath Foundation and Charity Partners of the Easts Group
• Grass Roots Sport
• Children’s Charities
• Sydney Based, primarily Eastern Suburbs
The following information is required with all donation applications:
• Requests need to be in writing at least 6 weeks prior to the event
• Requests must be on Organisation letterhead and include Company names, postal address, contact details and contain authority verifying the authenticity of the fundraising event when fundraising on behalf of another not-for-profit Organisation.
• Must provide full contact details of the benefiting charity.
• Schools must provide evidence of their support of Rugby League or the Club
• Donations are limited to one per Organisation per year
Requests must be filled out below OR, for those applications which may not have access to a computer, requests can be made in writing on relevant organisation letterhead and sent to:
The Donations Coordinator
PO Box 693, Paddington NSW, 2021
• The Sydney Roosters do not generally fulfil personal requests for signed memorabilia.
• The Club will not accept any merchandise sent to the club for signing. All items will be returned unsigned.
• Request for monetary donations and/or sponsorship will not be accepted.
• In most cases, donations are not made repeatedly to the same charities, organizations or individuals in an attempt to assist as many worthy causes in the community as possible.
• The Roosters will not accept phone call, emailed or faxed requests.
• The Roosters receive many requests from individuals who have either fallen on hard times or have family, friends or associates who have been involved in medical or life tragedies. Whilst the Roosters endeavor to assist as many causes as possible, the individuals relationship with the game and the club will be a factor in determining the success or otherwise of any request.
Please note: The iframed content below may offer a sub-optimal experience on mobile.