Player Appearance Request Policy Sydney Roosters
The Sydney Roosters have a primary focus on not for profit organisations within the Eastern Suburbs; therefore the majority of Player Appearances scheduled are within the Eastern Suburbs Community which includes local Schools, Hospitals, and other local charitable organisations.
Requests for the Sydney Roosters players and/or coaching staff to make an appearance at an event must be in writing along with a completed player appearance request form and submitted to the Sydney Roosters Community Relations Department.
Preferences of requests are given in the following order;
• Local Clubs/schools that are associated with the Sydney Roosters Development Program and the Roosters Reach Out Program
• Sydney Roosters chosen charities
• Not for Profit organisations within the Sydney Roosters wider community
Note: Personal appearance requests such as birthday celebrations, weddings, funerals etc will NOT be considered.
Appearance Request Specifications
All requests must be provided in writing on original letterhead and provide all of the following information;
• Organisation name and important background information of organisation.
• Name of event and clear description of event including expected numbers to attend
• Date, time and location of appearance including parking availability.
• Dress Requirements
• Duties to be carried out by the player/s
• Provide organisation contact name, number and email address. (also for the contact on the day of the event)
• Provide information on the type of advertisement/promotion of event e.g. advertisement in the local paper.
All requests must be received in writing at least 6 weeks prior to the event and are to be kept to a maximum duration of 1 hour. It is recommended that your event does not centre on the expectancy of a player appearance but should be approached as a complimentary component to your program. Due to overwhelming requests and priorities with training schedules and personal commitments many requests are not able to be fulfilled.
Please note that Players are not available;
• During the off season; this starts as the day following the last match of the season up until mid November.
• Season BYE weekends
• The team’s scheduled day off during the week
• The day of game day
• The day before and after game day
All requests and completed Player Appearance request forms are to be forwarded to:
Sydney Roosters Rugby League
Community Relations Coordinator
PO Box 693, Paddington, NSW 2021 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests made over the phone, via fax and emailed by unsolicited organisations will not be considered.
Requests will remain pending until the week’s training scheduled is released which can be as late as two weeks prior to the event date as all requests are organised around training schedules and club commitments. The decision for the approval of a player appearance is entirely at the Sydney Rooster’s discretion and the decision is final; no further correspondence will be entered into.