Turkey is perhaps best known for its protein richness. Skinless turkey breast provides about 34 grams of protein in average 115 gram serving and is a perfect ingredient in any athlete’s diet during training.
Turkey product can be easily substituted for other meat products in recipes to provide a much healthier, leaner and higher protein intake whether you’re an athlete in training or a family of Roosters at home.
All of our turkey recipes below are easy for you to prepare and provide a tasty meal for your family.
Healthy Turkey Stir Fry with Thai Spices
1 pack Steggles Turkey Shortcut Breast Steaks
3 tablespoons Gourmet Garden Basil
2 tablespoons vegetable or light olive oil
1 carrot, sliced
1 bunch broccolini, sliced
3 spring onions, sliced
1 punnet baby corn, cut
450 g Hokkien noodles, rinsed in hot water and drained
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 cup chicken stock
2 teaspoons cornflour
1. Cut turkey breast steaks into strips and marinate with Gourmet Garden Basil.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok and stir-fry carrot, broccolini, baby corn and spring onions for 30 seconds. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover and steam for 1-11/2 minutes, until cooked. Remove to a plate.
3. Reheat wok with remaining oil and stir-fry turkey on medium heat for about 3 minutes, stirring often, until cooked and tender.
4. Return vegetables and add noodles and soy or fish sauce and toss to combine and heat through.
5. Stir cornflour into stock, pour into the wok and simmer, stirring gently, to coat with the sauce.
6. Serve into bowls.