You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
It wasn't the prettiest performance but the Tricolours held on for a gutsy 34-28 win at Parramatta Stadium.

Spurred on by a vocal home crowd the Eels constantly tested the Roosters and even looked to be coming home the stronger, until two late tries sealed the result for the visitors.

In what has become an impressive trait, the Eastern Suburbs boys were far from there best throughout the entire encounter but managed to stay in the race and deliver points when it mattered.

Halves Mitchell Pearce and James Maloney along with hooker Jake Friend controlled the game for the Tricolours whilst Cordner, Kennedy and Aubusson were tough in the middle of the field.

Flying winger Daniel Tupou was also impressive for the red, white and blues scoring a double on the night.

A precise cross field bomb from five-eighth James Maloney which sent Daniel Tupou soaring up in to the sky opened the scoring to make it 6-0 early on.

A poor read in defence gifted the Eels their first four pointer, enabling the home side to dive over out wide.

The visitors didn't learn from the mistake and it was a defensive error again that allowed Jake Mullaney to cruise through a massive gap and make it 12-6 after 20 minutes.

It wasn't long before the Tricolours hit back, when Jake Friend darted out of dummy half close to the line and found Martin Kennedy with a perfectly executed pass.

The Queenslander rolled over an isolated Eels defender to lock the scores up.

It was now that the Roosters put their foot down, and pushed away from the Eels.

After dominating field position the Tricolours turned to newly turned 20 year old Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, who first showed his incredible step, and then outmuscled Jarryd Hayne to slam the ball down.

Michael Jennings then found space out wide on the very next set and his offload found a flying Daniel Tupou who easily stepped the fullback to put the Tricolours two tries in front.

After a string of penalties the Eels were first to score in the second stanza.

In what wouldn't have looked out of place in an NFL game, a few lucky rebounds and what seemed an obvious forward pass later, Jarryd Hayne slid over to get the Eels within six.

There was plenty of feeling involved in the match from here on it, sparked by a fight involving Boyd Cordner and Matt Ryan.

A risky strip from Hayne was penalised with 17 minutes to go, gifting the visitors an eight point lead.

Some sloppy defence around the ruck allowed Peni Terepo to bust through four defenders and put the home side within two to set up a grandstand finish.

With Parramatta holding the ascendancy, it was captain Minichiello who came up with a classy play to seal the result for the Tricolours.

Mini was first to a Chris Sandow chip kick, before finding space and racing 60m to seal the victory.

A late try to Shaun Kenny-Dowall finished off the scoring on the night.

Coach Trent Robinson will no doubt be looking for an improved performance when we take on the Warriors at Allianz Stadium next Sunday afternoon.