You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The Roosters have gone down in heart-breaking fashion in the Holden Cup, falling 24-25 to the Dragons at Allianz Stadium.

The Dragons would be the first to take advantage in this one, scoring on the left edge through Patrick Herbert after catching the Roosters thin out wide. 

It took a big individual from Reuben Porter to open the Roosters scoring account, with the big second rower busting his way through the Dragons defence and planting it down.

That try would give the Roosters plenty of momentum, scoring their next try in the following set after Jackson Hastings threw a perfect short ball to Kiah Cooper to sneak him through the defensive line. 

Determined not to let the Roosters run riot, the Dragons shut down the Roosters strong surge to make it a two-point game through winger Isaac Thompson. 

Just shy of the break, the Dragons would gain the lead back when halfback Jack Payne threw the dummy and went himself. 

The Dragons started the second half looking the goods, opening the scoring through Jai Field after Reece Robson split the Roosters defence and offloaded to the young five-eighth to go over untouched.

The Roosters did well to stay in the fight and would bring it to within two points after some back-and-forth tussle, scoring through Bernard Lewis on the left edge. 

With just fifteen minutes left on the clock, the Dragons made it a converted try lead after Isaac Thompson scored out wide.

In the closing ten minutes though, Jackson Hastings would do well to pick up a grubber kick from Lachlan Lam to score between the uprights and level the scores. 

A field goal in the closing minutes would seal the victory for the Dragons.

Acknowledgement of Country

Sydney Roosters respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.