The NRL have today announced the 2020 regular season draw and the Sydney Roosters premiership campaign.
The Roosters will open their title defence on March 14 against the Penrith Panthers in a Saturday night footy clash at Panthers Stadium.
In a Round 2 blockbuster, the Roosters will host the Sea Eagles at Central Coast Stadium, marking the 6th consecutive year the Roosters will take NRL football to the Central Coast.
After facing our historic rivals South Sydney Rabbitohs in Round 3 at ANZ Stadium, the Roosters will make a welcome return to the historic Sydney Cricket Ground for a Round 4 clash with the Gold Coast Titans.
The SCG became a fortress for the Roosters in 2019, registering only one loss and boasting an average winning margin of +30 points during the regular season when competing on the iconic ground.
Remaining clashes at the SCG include the traditional Round 7 ANZAC Day Cup against St George Illawarra Dragons (25th April) and again in Round 17, modern day rivals the Melbourne Storm (8th May), former Sydney Roosters assistant coach Adam O'Brien will bring his Newcastle Knights in Round 10 (14th May), Brisbane Broncos (11th June), Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (25th July) and Cronulla Sharks (14th August), before closing out the home regular season in Round 24 against South Sydney Rabbitohs (28th August).
Suncorp Stadium will again host the NRL Magic Round in 2020, with the Roosters taking on the North Queensland Cowboys on the Saturday night of the action-packed weekend.
This will be the first of two meetings between the Clubs, with the Roosters set to return to Townsville in Round 13 to face the Cowboys at their brand-new stadium. Not since early 2016 have the Roosters played in Townsville, giving our North Queensland Members and fans a great opportunity to see our the squad in live action.
NRL action heads to Western Australia in 2020 with Perth set to host the Grand Final replay between the Sydney Roosters and Canberra Raiders in Round 11 at HBF Park.
Announced in August 2019, the Club will take one home game to Perth for the next three seasons, replacing the Adelaide Oval fixture.
Due to a draw conflict with the Sydney Swans, the Roosters will be forced to relocate their Round 16 clash against the New Zealand Warriors from the SCG. The Club is currently working to find a convenient venue for our Members. The Roosters are set to play at the SCG until 2022 season during the Sydney Football Ground development.
2020 Draw Overview
- Teams Played Twice: Broncos, Cowboys, Dragons, Rabbitohs, Raiders, Sea Eagles, Sharks, Storm, Warriors
- Teams Played Once: Bulldogs, Titans, Knights, Eels, Panthers, West Tigers
- Day-by-day Breakdown: 2x Thursday, 7x Friday, 11x Saturday, 4x Sunday
- Match Turnaround Summary: 2x five day (1.6 NRL AVG), 7x six day (7 NRL AVG), 14x seven day (14.9 NRL AVG)
- Travel: The Club will travel to Melbourne, Perth, Gosford, Townsville, Brisbane, New Zealand and Canberra. This is great news for Club Interstate fans. Secure your seats and a chance to meet the team now with one of the following Memberships:
- Central Coast Membership (Includes one match ticket to the Roosters match against the Sea Eagles at Central Coast Stadium)
- Queensland Membership (Includes one match ticket for your choice of either Magic Round (Day 2) or the Cowboys v Roosters at the new North
- Country & Interstate Membership (Includes one match ticket to one of the following away matches: Storm v Roosters (Melbourne), Raiders v Roosters (Canberra), Warriors v Roosters (Auckland)
- Western Australia Membership (Includes one match ticket to the Roosters Grand Final replay against the Canberra Raiders (Perth)
2019 Season Highlights
Are you a ‘HUGE FAN’? Then it's time to become a Member and prove your pride and passion.
Did you know:
- Membership is as little as $7 per month
- You CAN be a Member from anywhere! Membership can give you access to home and away games
- and it's EASY – CALL 1300 327 871 or visit our Membership Website
TIME TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE.