Club Members and fans will turn the Sydney Cricket Ground into a red, white and blue fortress on Friday night when the Sydney Roosters host the Canberra Raiders in a must win Semi Final.
The Roosters are playing for a chance to advance to the Preliminary Final, while the NRLW Roosters will look to build on last Saturday’s win and take a step closer to the Grand Final when they take the on New Zealand Warriors at Bankwest Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Whether you're cheering on the Roosters at the SCG or Bankwest Stadium, at Easts Leagues, or on the lounge at home, here is everything you need to know to have the best possible game day experience.
Match: Roosters v Raiders
Finals Week 2 -
Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
NRL GAME INFO
Roosters v Raiders
Friday, October 9th
Sydney Cricket Ground
Kick off: 7:50pm
HASHTAGS: #EastsToWin #NRLRoostersRaiders #NRLFinals
BROADCAST: Channel Nine, Fox League (502 on Foxtel), Kayo Sports, NRL App
NRLW GAME INFO
Warriors v Roosters
Saturday, October 10th
Kick off: 12:30am
HASHTAGS: #EastsToWin #NRLWWarriorsRoosters
BROADCAST: Channel Nine, Fox League (502 on Foxtel), Kayo Sports, NRL App
Match: Warriors v Roosters
Round 2 -
Venue: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
Tickets for Friday’s final at the SCG are now on sale through Ticketek. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, limited tickets are available and some categories are already sold out.
Roosters Members and fans are encouraged to purchase tickets as soon as possible to avoid missing out.
There are currently only restricted view tickets available, which can be purchased for just $10.
There are no more tickets available for the Roosters NRLW match. It will be the first of three games that will be played at Bankwest Stadium on Saturday.
Roosters Members received pre-sale emails to access tickets on Monday. Members can continue to purchase tickets by either clicking the link in their email or visiting the event page on Ticketek.
With 2021 Memberships now live, now is the time to commit and be a True Rooster by becoming a Member. Not only are you helping the Club be in the best position on and off the field, being a Member includes pre-sale access to Finals, NRL Grand Final and State of Origin. For more information, visit the Roosters Membership website.
Members yet to collect their Members Choice item can do so by taking their 2020 Member card or coupon to the Roosters Shop in Bondi Junction. Collection will not be available at Friday’s game.
Be A True Rooster
The SCG will have a number of measures in place to ensure spectators can enjoy the game while practicing social distancing on Friday night.
Stay home if you’re feeling unwell; currently experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms; have travelled interstate, overseas or to any hotspots in the past 14 days; have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past 14 days, are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test, or have attended one of the locations during the dates detailed by the NSW Government here.
Patrons will be denied entry to the SCG and its premises should they have symptoms that may place persons at risk, or endanger or impact on public health.
To assist with social distancing, please follow the below instructions at the game:
- While entering, navigating and exiting the venue, it is strongly recommended that you and your guest(s) wear a facemask.
- Minimise the number and size of bags you bring to the game for a more seamless entry. There will be no cloaking available so double check the SCG’s Conditions of Entry before leaving for the game.
- Sit in the section and row listed on your ticket. You can sit next to anyone in your ticketed group but you should keep two seats away from anyone you don’t know in your row.
- Consume any food and beverage in your seat. All sales will be via contactless card-only payment to help reduce queues and cash handling.
- Just like everywhere else, high-level hygiene is crucial. Wash or sanitise your hands regularly, cough and sneeze into your elbow, and correctly dispose of any tissues.
- The SCG strongly recommends, that you and your guest(s), have the Australian Government COVIDSafe App installed and in use on all mobile phones, with Bluetooth activated.
For more information about COVID safety at the SCG, visit the SCG Trust website.
- With stadium capacities increasing, fans are encouraged to consider all the available travel options ahead of time as public transport continues to operate at a reduced capacity to maintain physical distancing across the network.
- Fans are encouraged to drive where possible and use the available carparks on-site and within walking distance of the SCG including the Entertainment Quarter car park, Driver Ave grass car parks and Anzac Parade Sydney Boys and Girls High School car parks. Clearways will also be in effect on roads around the stadium so check signs carefully. Visit livetraffic.com for more details.
- Allow extra travel time on the roads and plan to arrive early as parking in the area will be in high demand and traffic may be heavy during the evening peak.
- If you’re travelling by taxi or rideshare, use Driver Ave or Errol Flynn Blvd as the drop off location. After the game roads will be busy as fans leave the precinct so consider a pick-up point away from the stadium.
- If you’re catching public transport fans are reminded that services will be busy during the Friday evening peak so allow plenty of time getting to the game as you may need to wait for the next service with available physical distancing capacity. Use an Opal card or contactless payment method when travelling on transport.
- Plan ahead using the Trip Planner and transport apps to check real-time capacity indicators where available. Remember to practice physical distancing when on-board transport services and to look for the ‘green dots’ to find the safest places to sit or stand.
- The closest train stations to the SCG are Central and Bondi Junction. From Central you can catch a light rail or shuttle bus to Moore Park leaving from Chalmers St. From Bondi Junction catch one of the many buses from the Interchange to Oxford St to get within short walking distance of the SCG.
- Fans are urged to consider walking between Central and Moore Park via Devonshire St and the Albert ‘Tibby’ Cotter Walkway to minimise waiting times for transport services.
- After the game, transport services will be busy so consider walking or delaying your trip home to avoid the longer queues. Additional measures and staff will be in place to safely manage crowds leaving the precinct so be patient, practice physical distancing while in queues and follow the directions of staff on site.
- Wearing a face mask while travelling on public transport is also strongly recommended. Fans are encouraged to keep their face masks on until they reach their seats inside the stadium.
- For more details and to plan your trip visit transportnsw.info.
Cheer on your Roosters during the NRL Finals by decking yourself out in the latest Club merchandise.
There will be two merchandise outlets at the SCG, with one in the Victor Trumper Stand and the other in the Members Stand.
Members can show their Membership card to get a Members discount on merchandise.
The Roosters Shop in Bondi Junction has a great range of merchandise available for yourself, family and friends. Members will receive a discount when purchasing online or by showing their 2020 Member card inside the shop. Check out the merchandise range by visiting the Online Store.
EASTS LEAGUES CLUB
Easts Leagues Club will be the place to be before and after Friday night’s final, with a bus service operating pre and post game to and from the SCG.
The bus shuttle service will start from 6pm, providing you plenty of time for you to enjoy a pre game meal and drink in BistroOne, or come back after to talk about the game over a post match drink at the Legends Bar.
With the game live and loud on the big screens, it will be next best place to cheer on the Roosters if you miss out on tickets to Friday’s final.
Get the game day meal of champions by trying the back-to-back burger – a double wagyu paddy burger - for just $15. Leagues Club Members can also enjoy $5 schooners in Legends Bar.
Roosters Members are encouraged to redeem their complimentary Easts Leagues Membership to enjoy Member prices at Easts Leagues. Simply bring your ID and Roosters Membership card to Easts Leagues to redeem your complimentary 1-year Membership.
For those wanting to cheer on the Roosters NRLW game on Saturday, Easts Leagues has just launched a new range of $15 lunch specials that are available Monday to Sunday between noon and 2.30pm.
GAME DAY CONTENT
The best way to follow your Roosters and to get exclusive content on game day and during the lead up is through the Roosters website, social media and app.
We'll post everything from exclusive player and coach chats, while analysing the match-ups, the last time we met and much more.
On game day, our Facebook will give a snapshot of the day, our Twitter will give live updates on the match and all surrounding content, while our Instagram will feature the best pictures from the day.
There are a number of different ways that Members and fans can watch our NRL Semi Final and NRLW game 2 matches.
Channel Nine and Fox League will broadcast both games this weekend, while fans with Kayo Sports will be able to stream matches on their preferred device.
Telstra customers will have FREE access to all matches of the NRL Telstra Premiership on the NRL App.
Non-Telstra customers may access live streaming and premium content, via an NRL Live Pass, for a recurring subscription fee of $3.99 per week, $14.99 per month or $99.99 per year (365 days).
New customers can enjoy a free two-week trial with a Weekly, Monthly or Annual subscription.