You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
Roosters Dazzle to Down Dolphins In Keary's 200th

The Sydney Roosters rose to produce a dominant 30-14 win over the Dolphins at Allianz Stadium on Saturday evening. 

In Luke Keary's 200th NRL Game, the Vice Captain stepped up to the challenge, as did Nat Butcher, making a monumental impact on the final result despite not tallying any points. 

Terrell May and Fletcher Baker also made their mark, coming off the interchange bench to give the Dolphins forward pack a shock. While Billy Smith was awarded the second ever Artie Legacy Medal for his impressive performance.

The Tricolours looked dominant with ball in hand early in the match, with strong runs from Billy Smith wreaking havoc on the left edge. 

But the Dolphins held on defensively, with Kodi Nikorima rushing in to assist Valynce Te Whare and Jamayne Isaako on numerous occasions. 

A superb tackle by Victor Radley momentarily halted the visitors, who looked to strike first with momentum in attack. 

Jeremy Marshall-King supplied Ray Stone a crisp short ball from dummy half in the 23rd minute to send him over for the opening try as he burst through the Roosters defensive line. Isaako added the extras from close range to establish a six-point lead. 

The Tricolours were penalised for offloading the ball after a tackle was deemed complete, handing the Dolphins a penalty in the 35th minute. Isaako opted to kick the penalty goal from 35 metres out, giving the visitors a 8-0 advantage.

Determined to enter the break with points on the board, the Roosters responded in the 39th minute when James Tedesco sold a dummy to turn Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow inside out before offloading to Joseph Manu who coasted through the defence and raced around the back of the posts to score. 

Manu Weaves Through

Suaalii kicked the conversion from in-front to reduce the deficit to two on half time. 

The hosts carried their momentum into the second stanza, with a barnstorming run from Nat Butcher bringing the team into dominant field position. 

A combination of offloads from the middle of the field resulted in the ball being sent left to Billy Smith, who brushed off the grasp of Te Whare and Isaako to score. Suaalii kicked the conversion to put the Roosters ahead by four. 

Stone was sent to the sin-bin two minutes later for a high shot on Drew Hutchison and the hosts took full advantage of their extra man to run in back to back tries.

Suaalii claimed the first four-pointer, leaping high into the air to snatch the ball from Tesi Niu and plant it down in-goal. The Samoan International converted his own try from the sideline to extend the margin to 10. 

Suaalii Flies High

Drew Hutchison produced a brilliant solo-effort two minutes later, weaving his way through the scattered defence to crash over the stripe. Suaalii continued his strong kicking game, adding the two points to make the score 24-8. 

Hutchison Finds The Line

Terrell May picked up the scraps and made a dash upfield after Dylan Napa caused a handling error for the Dolphins in the 63rd minute. With the crowd behind them and momentum in attack, Hutchison once again took on the line - making his way straight through for consecutive tries. Suaalii made no mistake with the conversion, notching the Roosters to a 22-point lead. 

Isaako crossed in the dying minutes and converted his own try to make the final score 30-14. 

Sydney Roosters 30 (Joseph Manu, Billy Smith, Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii, Drew Hutchison 2 tries, Joseph-Aukuso Suaalii 5 goals) def the Dolphins 14. 

Acknowledgement of Country

Sydney Roosters respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.