You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The Sydney Roosters put in a strong first performance at home hammering the Eels 56-4 at Allianz Stadium, in the biggest win ever for the Tricolours over the Parramatta side.

A dominant performance saw the Tricolours lead from start to finish, registering their first two points of the season.

Captain Anthony Minichiello was a standout scoring a hat-trick while Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Mitchell Aubusson both crossed for doubles as the home side ran riot.

Making his first grade debut Kane Evans showed why he will be a star of the future, a couple of solid runs putting his name on the map.

As always Mitchell Pearce was putting players in to holes for fun while Daniel Mortimer looked dangerous throughout the night, making the most of some extended game time.

It was three familiar faces linking up for the first try of the night.

Mitchell Pearce threw yet another brilliant short ball putting Mitchell Aubusson in to space, the back rower finding Anthony Minichiello who scored untouched.

The two front rowers then combined with Jared Waerea-Hargreaves offloading to Sam Moa to reach out and make it 12-0.

Play then erupted shortly after when Waerea-Hargreaves was hit by a blatant swinging arm which only ended up with the Eels player being put on report.

Minichiello then stepped his opposition defender out wide on the Roosters line after a well executed back line movement to further extend the Tricolours lead.

The Eels hit back just after the break when Ranrandra jumped on to the end of a well timed grubber to put the score within two converted tries.

The visitors then went inches from scoring right at the end of the first half.

Brilliant scrambling defence from the home side and poor handling ensured the score remained the same heading in to the break.

Momentum shifted back at the start of the second as the Roosters came out absolutely firing, scoring three quick tries.


Roger Tuivasa-Sheck scored an impressive double including a brilliant solo effort.

The two Mitchell's were also producing double efforts, Pearce again putting Aubusson in to space the back rower this time scoring himself and pulling out the famous post try clap.

With the result then beyond doubt Michael Jennings produced a brilliant flick pass, attracting two Eels defenders allowing Tupou to stroll over after cleverly taking the ball at his feet.

The Tricolours then crossed for a flurry of late tries to seal the result.