Junior Kangaroos team named
Junior Kangaroos coach Justin Holbrook confirmed his side today ahead of the match against the Junior Kiwis at GIO Stadium on Friday 5 May.
The team includes a host of NRL and NYC players, bringing together an experienced side across the field.
Holbrook said his team would be looking to continue their form against the Kiwis after securing a 34-20 victory in the match between the two sides last year.
“There’s a lot of depth in this team and some talented players, but we will come up against a quality opposition on Friday and we need to prepare well this week,” Holbrook said.
“It’s an honour at any level to display the Australian green and gold and I know that the team we’ve assembled will wear the jersey with pride and will be doing everything they can to ensure a win against the Junior Kiwis.”
The Junior Kangaroos vs. Junior Kiwis will kick off the first of three matches between Australia and New Zealand on Friday in Canberra, with the Harvey Norman Jillaroos and Australian Kangaroos following in the ANZAC Double Header Test Match.
Tickets are available at www.nrl.com/tickets with fans encouraged to get to GIO Stadium early to watch the Junior Kangaroos from 3:15pm.
2017 Junior Kangaroos
- Corey Allan – Brisbane Broncos
- Tyronne Roberts-Davis – Gold Coast Titans
- Enari Tuala – North Queensland Cowboys
- Jesse Ramien – Cronulla Sharks
- Curtis Scott – Melbourne Storm
- Jai Field – St George Illawarra Dragons
- Brodie Croft (captain) – Melbourne Storm
- Stefano Hala – Penrith Panthers
- Reece Robson – St George Illawarra Dragons
- Blake Lawrie – St George Illawarra Dragons
- Jaydn Su’A – Brisbane Broncos
- Sam Stone – Newcastle Knights
- Cameron Murray – South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Victor Radley – Sydney Roosters
- Jack Murchie – Canberra Raiders
- Ray Stone – Parramatta Eels
- Emre Guler – Canberra Raiders
- Gehamat Shibasaki – Brisbane Broncos
Coach: Justin Holbrook – Sydney Roosters Assistant Coach