Player ratings for the Sydney Roosters team in their Telstra Premiership elimination final clash with the Gold Coast Titans at Queensland Country Bank Stadium.
1. James Tedesco: A leading performance from the Roosters captain. Enjoyed having Victor Radley back as a link man with the pair combining for a try in the first half before he laid two on more for Daniel Tupou and Josh Morris. Finished the match with 177 metres and five tackle busts. 9/10.
2. Daniel Tupou: Got the Roosters out of their own end with some tough carries and did his job under the high ball. Crossed early in the second half with a superb finish before coming up with the match-winning try-saver late on Patrick Herbert. 8.
3. Adam Keighran: Strong early when marking up on Patrick Herbert but struggled a bit more defensively when David Fifita got on the field. Spilled a ball in the air in some miscommunication with Tupou but was overall solid. 7.
Sam Walker makes a season-saving tackle!
4. Josh Morris: Gave away an early penalty that led to points for the Titans but made amends up the other end to link with Matt Ikuvalu for the side's first try. Kept Brian Kelly quiet on the left edge before crossing for a crucial try to help extend his career by at least another week. 8.
5. Matt Ikuvalu: A mixed bag from the Roosters winger. Battled through an ankle injury to cross for the side's first of the evening but came up with three costly errors to help the Titans get back into the game. 6.
Teddy taps it onto the milestone man Tupou
6. Drew Hutchison: Took on the main kicking duties and was relatively sound to control the side around the park. Came up with five missed tackles but none that had an impact on the match. 7.
7. Lachlan Lam: Defensively stood tall but struggled to make an impact with the ball in hand. Came off the field late for Sam Walker. 6.5.
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves: Stamped his authority with some busy carries to finish with 181 metres in a strong return game from the veteran forward. 7.5.
9. Sam Verrills: Placed on report for high contact on Brian Kelly but was in absolutely everything defensively, finishing with 37 tackles. 7.
15. Isaac Liu: Promoted to the starting line-up and got busy from the start but came up with a costly miss on Brian Kelly that tied the game midway through the second half. Made amends with a kick that earned a repeat set for Morris's try but spilled another ball when scores were tied. 6.5.
11. Angus Crichton: Worked hard on the left edge in a typical performance from the Roosters back-rower, especially when David Fifita got on the paddock. Finished the game with 141 metres in a strong effort. 7.5.
Radley bursts through to provide for Tedesco
12. Sitili Tupouniua: Couldn't grasp a Lachlan Lam pass with the line in sight but was at his threatening best throughout the contest despite limited carries. 7.
13. Victor Radley: A strong return for the lock, who did everything he could for the Tricolours. Brushed aside a shoulder injury early to provide the link to the Roosters' attack while topping the tackle count with 47. Had a couple of errors in the first half but made amends when he set up a try for James Tedesco. 8.5.
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho: Benched pre-game by Trent Robinson and lasted just two minutes before hobbling from the field with a leg injury. 2.
Walker steps up when his side needs him
14. Sam Walker: Got on the field with nine minutes remaining. Had the first shot at field goal - missed it - but made no mistake with the second attempt. Pulled off a try saver on Phil Sami late. Cool and calm under pressure. 6.
16. Egan Butcher: Busy once he got on the field with eight carries for 65 metres. Suited to the finals arena. 6.
17. Fletcher Baker: Limited minutes for the young forward who will be better for the experience in his first finals outing. 5.
The views in this article do not necessarily express the opinions of the NRL, ARLC, NRL clubs or state associations.